Careers at the Tildenet Group
1. Key Account Manager – Gardenware
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: South West base preferred
Hours: Full time
Salary: [competitive + Company Car, Laptop, Mobile Phone & Business Expenses]
The Tildenet Group Ltd is an ambitious and fast growing company based in Bristol with an international presence and operations in Dubai and India.
Tildenet exports to over 100 countries and is a major brand on the world market, as well as being the leading independent horticultural specialist in the UK with a comprehensive and ever expanding range of products including the Haxnicks, Bosmere and Mainframe brands.
There are five divisions of the Tildenet Group offering services to the Garden Retail, Horticulture, Sport, Industrial, and Fencing industries.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of key accounts, and for delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs. They will also be responsible for maintaining a strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, account management and lead generation.
Duties will include:
• Managing existing accounts, obtaining generating orders, and winning new accounts by planning and organising daily work schedule.
• Dealing with buyers, store managers and regional managers of major retail chains.
• Identifying and assessing a client’s critical needs.
• Identifying short and long term growth opportunities.
• Presenting proposals to prospective clients.
• Attending meetings with clients.
• Maintaining tight budget control over expenditure.
• Forecasting and tracking key account metrics.
• Keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as monthly and annual business analyses.
• Keeping up to date with market trend and competitor activity by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc
• Being a point of contact to your account base and resolving any issues that they have.
• Closely liaising with the marketing team about campaigns.
• Collecting and communicating customer requirements to all necessary departments.
• Conducting regular business reviews with customers.
• Responding to client communications or queries.
• Networking with business partners and customers.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of any marketing campaigns.
• Recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Thorough understanding of margin criteria
• Sophisticated and confident sales and presentation style
• Strong track record of closing deals and meeting targets
• Excellent written and reporting skills
• Strong IT skills
• Full Clean Driving License
To apply please send your CV and details of your current remuneration to [email protected] or telephone Vicky on 07779 769008 for further information.